name: Sasha Mitchell
born: July 27, 1967 in Los Angeles, CA
lives in: Beverly Hills, CA
family: Jeannette Denise (ex-wife, they are divorced); Pavlina Justine (daughter), Caroline (daughter)
stats: 6' 2"
trivia: Calvin Klein blue jeans model (1988); studied acting at the National Improvisational Theater in NYC; had a little trouble with the law a few years ago, serving 60 days in jail for striking his wife; he is a professionally trained kickboxer
tattoos: he has many, including the dragon on his arm
(click on title to purchase)
- "Rags to Riches" (TV guest appearance) (1987)
- "Pleasures" (TV) (1987) Antonio
- "Not Quite Human" (TV) (1987) Bryan Skelly
- Death Before Dishonor (1987) Ruggieri
- Spike of Bensonhurst (1988) Spike Fumo
- "Dallas" (TV series) (1989-91) James Richard Beaumont
- Parent Trap IV: Hawaiian Honeymoon (1989) Jack
- "Step By Step" (TV series) (1991 - 1996) Cody
- Kickboxer 2: The Road Back (1991) David Sloan
- Kickboxer 3: The Art of War (1992) David Sloan
- Kickboxer 4: The Agressors (1994) David Sloan
- Class of 1999 II: The Substitute (1994) John Bolen
- "Step By Step" (TV series) (1998) Cody
- "The Love Boat: The Next Wave" (TV guest appearance) (1998) Ron
- Circle of Lies (2000)
comments: One of the many print models to make the sucessful move from pretty calendar boy to successful actor, Sasha Mitchell definitely has what it takes in the looks department. In addition to being a successful model for Calvin Klein in the late 80's, Sasha is also a professional kickboxer, and has used his skills in three of the "Kickboxer" films. But Sasha is probably best known for his role as Cody on the successful sitcom "Step By Step" where he plays the perennial surfer type dude with the colorful vocabulary and not much upstairs. Something tells us Sasha has a little more upstairs than his character on that show. Last we heard, Sasha was back in LA with his kids and his German Shepard and his parent's pitbull; recently signed with William Morris, and trying to resurrect the career. He's back on "Step By Step", and doing some commercials. The court battles and the problems with his wife seem behind him now (and there seems to be a little more to the story than made the press). So, what's next Sasha?
Sahsa loves: pit bulls, ice cream, motorcycles, Chinese food, and New York City
fave actors: Clint Eastwood and Sean Connery
- he attended military school in NY, although to him, "it was more like a reform school"
- Talisa Soto, who played his wife in Spike of Bensonhurst, was at the same modelling agency (Click), where they became friends
- Sasha lost weight for the film Spike of Bensonhurst (origianlly called Throwback)
- his modeling career was completely accidental. He always thought models were "a bunch of retarded wimps" until a photographer friend needed a guy to stand in with some girls and he was noticed by an agency.
- he loves rockabilly and old jazz
- he had a pit bull named Cool Hand Luke
Sasha's week from ...
- "First I go out biking the other night 'cause the air's better after dark, and I'm coming down a hill at 25 mph, when my tire gets caught in a groove and I go down, skid 20 yards on asphalt and break my hand. The next day, I'm moving into a new apartment, I lose my keys and a barbell falls on my foot. Then I'm playing with my dog and she gives me a black eye. Then I park my car and it gets stolen and stripped. It's been a rough week, but I guess it could have been worse."
- Sasha appears alongside Billy Warlock, Cathy Lee Crosby and others in the thriller Circle of Lies, about a stockbroker who loses it all in a market crash and comes up with a scheme to save his job and his life. The film was completed last year, but is still looking for a release date.
Adopt-a-Star friend responsible for this page:
If you'd like to adopt one of the YMS stars, just like these folks did, join the Friends List!
|what's on YMS/YFS homepage|